Patsy's

"Patsy's Italian Restaurant is a traditional, family-owned and operated Italian restaurant located in the theater district on Manhattan’s west side." I went there for lunch today with my office. The food was good, if pricey, and the service was excellent.

I had the veal chop ($35), which was huge and not as tasty as I expected, perhaps full-grown beef is more to my tastes. We also had calamari and fried zucchini, which were good, but to me could have used a bit more salt and and could have been crispier - is this a result of the no-trans fat law in NYC? Dessert was excellent: I tried the carrot cake (magnificent), chocolate cake (light) and Italian cheesecake (almost lemony).

Overall: glad the office paid for it, glad I got to eat there. Beware the mirrored staircase.

No comments: